What role for public authorities?
By AVICENN Team – Last Modified April 2022
The question of nanos – or the more general question of environmental health – was not constituted as a public policy in its own right. Governance is divided between European and national level, between assessor and risk managers and between public actors.
This file explores the challenges of institutional governance of nanos, and gives an overview of the panorama in which the associations and bearers of “civil society” expertise evolve. It is bound to evolve, according to our work of monitoring, of synthesis and especially, of your contributions.
A question, a remark ? This sheet produced by AVICENN is intended to be supplemented and updated. Please feel free to contribute.
The latest news
The next nano appointments
- "What prevention approaches to limit the risks?" »
- Health and Work Day on the impact of nanotechnology on health
- Organizer: Chemistry and Energy Federation (FCE) of the CFDT
- Speakers: FCE, INRS, AVICENN
- Website : www.fce.cfdt.fr/…
- Topic: “future challenges in risk governance of nano- & advanced materials. This includes safe- and sustainable by design (SSbD) and harmonization and standardization”
- Organizers: NANORIGO, RiskGONE et Gov4Nano, in collaboration with the OECD Working Party on Manufactured Nanomaterials
- Website : www.eventbrite.com/…