What is the role of the public authorities?
By the AVICENN team – Last modification January 2023
The issue of nanotechnology – or that of environmental health in general – has not been established as a public policy in its own right. Governance is split between the European and national levels, between risk assessors and risk managers and between public actors.
This dossier explores the issues of institutional governance of nanotechnology and gives an overview of the panorama in which associations and civil society experts are evolving. It is bound to evolve, according to our work of monitoring, synthesis and especially, your contributions.
A question, a comment? This sheet realized by AVICENN is intended to be completed and updated. Please feel free to contribute.
The latest news
Anses alerts and calls on public authorities to adopt a more comprehensive definition of nanomaterials
The next nano meetings
How the world deals with Materials on the Nanoscale – Responsible Use and Challenges (OECD-BMUV, Berlin)
- International Conference from June 22 to 23, 2023
- Organizers: OECD, German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection(BMUV)
- Website: https: //www.bmuv.de/…
São Paulo School of Advanced Science on Nanotechnology, Agriculture & Environment (SPSAS NanoAgri&Enviro, São Paulo)
- From July 3 to 15, 2023 in São Paulo
- Organizer: FABESP
- Application from November 18 to February 05. Registration fees and travel expenses are covered.
- Speakers: see the complete program here.