30+ associations call to improve the 10-year Cancer Control Strategy
In an open letter to Emmanuel Macron, more than thirty associations call for a more ambitious Ten-Year Cancer Control Strategy 2021-2030 in terms of environmental health. The associations point out that “This new cancer plan is still mostly pointing at the responsibility of individuals with risky behaviors (especially related to tobacco and alcohol), while a better consideration of environmental health would avoid or reduce the occurrence or incidence of cancers”.
Nanoparticles are cited alongside other factors such as poor air quality, degradation of water quality, ultra-processed foods, endocrine disruptors, electromagnetic fields, heavy metals, carcinogens, mutagens and reprotoxics (CMR), polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)… These “extremely worrying substances that surround us” are linked to the “incredible
development of chronic diseases since the post-war period, and studies describing their mutagenic effects, sources of cancers, are numerous”. The associations are asking for an end to the minimization of the role of passive pollution and the environment in general.
Our information sheets to go further
Upcoming Nano Agenda
- Free lectures open to the public, organized as part of the“Sur les épaules des géants, l’événement scientifique” event.
- A round table on ” La pollution invisible des nanoplastiques ” at the Bibliothèque universitaire (B.U.) in Le Havre at 10:45 a.m.
- Carte blanche on nanoparticles at 139 (coworking space) at 12:30 pm
- Speaker: Julien Gigault, researcher in analytical chemistry and environmental science at Géosciences Rennes 1, specializing in the characterization of nanoparticles and their behavior in the environment; CNRS Bronze Medal (2020).
- Website: https: //surlesepaulesdesgeants.fr
- Conference organized as part of the 5th International Conference on Chemicals Management (ICCM5)
- Website: www.forumue.de/en/civil-society-conference-on-international-chemicals-management
- Exhibition by the Argentique photography club of the University of Technology of Troyes(UTT), taken in the clean rooms of the Light, nanomaterials, nanotechnology laboratory(L2n, CNRS).
- Location: Médiathèque Jacques Chirac, downtown Troyes
- Dates: September 22 to October 10, 2023
- Website: https: //mediatheque-jacques-chirac.fr/expo-…nanotechnologies