The uses of nanomaterials can be very different and concern many fields of application: foodstuffs, cosmetics, clothing and textiles, household, electronic and digital appliances (screens), sports equipment, windows and building materials, aeronautics, cars (bodywork, paints, windows, tires, fuels, etc.), boats, armament & defense, etc.
As'labeling requirement currently only applies to a few product categories (cosmetics, biocides et feed), with a very insufficient implementation, it is very difficult today to know if such or such precise product contains nanomaterials.
The some existing inventories and censuses can be consulted to try to get an idea of the types of products concerned, but they unfortunately do not provide solid, precise and/or up-to-date information.
This is why we invite you to support our work to obtain more transparent information, via product testing, the plea for a generalization oflabeling [nano] and reliable and publicly accessible registers: theimproved r-nano registry and the establishment ofa European register are among our priorities!
The next nano appointments
- 14th meeting of the “nano and health” dialogue committee
- Organizer: ANSES
- Website : www.anses.fr
- Technical Day
- Organizer: National Metrology and Testing Laboratory (LNE)
- On the agenda: identification of nanomaterials, recent technological innovations in terms of particle size characterization, areas for progress to be considered
- Upcoming program
- Website : www.lne.fr/…
- 8th International Conference on Health Issues for a Responsible Approach to Nanomaterials
- June 5-9, 2023
- Organizer: Commissariat for Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies (CEA)
- Website : www.cea.fr/cea-tech/pns/nanosafe/…