Nanomaterials can be used in many different ways and concern many fields of application: food, cosmetics, clothing and textiles, household appliances, electronics and digital (screens), sports equipment, glass and construction materials, aeronautics, cars (bodywork, paints, windows, tires, fuels, …), boats, armament & defense, etc.
As the labeling obligation is currently only valid for a few product categories (cosmetics, biocides and food) and its implementation is poorly respected, it is very difficult today to know if a specific product contains nanomaterials.
The few available inventories that can be consulted to try to get an idea of the types of products involved do not provide solid, accurate and/or up-to-date information.
That is why we invite you to support our work to obtain more transparent information, through product testing, advocacy for the generalization of [nano] labeling and reliable and publicly accessible registers: the improvement of the r-nano register and the establishment of a European register are among our priorities.
The information sheets on the subject
Upcoming Nano Agenda
- Free lectures open to the public, organized as part of the“Sur les épaules des géants, l’événement scientifique” event.
- A round table on ” La pollution invisible des nanoplastiques ” at the Bibliothèque universitaire (B.U.) in Le Havre at 10:45 a.m.
- Carte blanche on nanoparticles at 139 (coworking space) at 12:30 pm
- Speaker: Julien Gigault, researcher in analytical chemistry and environmental science at Géosciences Rennes 1, specializing in the characterization of nanoparticles and their behavior in the environment; CNRS Bronze Medal (2020).
- Website: https: //surlesepaulesdesgeants.fr
- Conference organized as part of the 5th International Conference on Chemicals Management (ICCM5)
- Website: www.forumue.de/en/civil-society-conference-on-international-chemicals-management
- Exhibition by the Argentique photography club of the University of Technology of Troyes(UTT), taken in the clean rooms of the Light, nanomaterials, nanotechnology laboratory(L2n, CNRS).
- Location: Médiathèque Jacques Chirac, downtown Troyes
- Dates: September 22 to October 10, 2023
- Website: https: //mediatheque-jacques-chirac.fr/expo-…nanotechnologies