Nano and cosmetics: DGCCRF’s report and COSMED’s clarifications
The table drawn up by the DGCCRF following its tests of cosmetic products is edifying: unauthorized nanomaterials, lack of [nano] labeling, low awareness of companies incorrectly informed by the Federation of Beauty Companies (FEBEA), etc.
The DGCCRF mentions a contrario the work of the association COSMED which gathers the SME-TPE of the sector. It published the same day a very useful press release clarifying the true from the false concerning nanomaterials.
Our information sheets to go further
Upcoming Nano Agenda
- Technical day “What recognition of available methods and laboratories to produce the required data?”
- Organizers: LNE
- Speakers from the following institutions: OECD, ECHA, BAuA, government agencies, industry, LNE
- Website: www.lne.fr/fr/evenements/journee-technique-nanomateriaux-reach
- This module is part of the training program “Interactions between toxic chemicals and the human organism”, open to anyone with a basic scientific education (bachelor’s degree or professional experience).
- Organizers: Association Toxicologie Chimie(ATC)
- Speaker : Nicole PROUST, Research Engineer, CNRS Honorary Research Director, Specialist in Nanotechnologies, Arsenic, Electromagnetic Waves, Palaiseau, France
- Website: www.atctoxicologie.fr/notre-formation.html
- Training intended for occupational physicians, occupational risk prevention specialists (IPRP), company prevention specialists, prevention department staff from Carsat, Cramif and CGSS, institutional prevention specialists (Dreets, Dreal, MSA…).
- Organizer: French National institute of research and security (INRS)
- October 7 to 11, 2024
- Website: www.inrs.fr/…/formation/…stages…JA1030_2024