Titanium dioxide: food and cosmetic products recalled by the French authorities
Between February and April 2023, at least three food products and five sunscreen products containing titanium dioxide were recalled on the Recall Conso:
- In line with previous controls, three food products were recalled because they contained the additive E171, banned in France since 2020:
- The recalled sunscreens contain nanoparticles of titanium dioxide at a concentration higher than the maximum authorized level (25%):
Other news on the subject?
The classification of TiO2 remains in force until the outcome of the appeals filed by France and the European Commission
The next nano meetings
NanoSafe conference 2023 (CEA, Grenoble)
How the world deals with Materials on the Nanoscale – Responsible Use and Challenges (OECD-BMUV, Berlin)
- International Conference from June 22 to 23, 2023
- Organizers: OECD, German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection(BMUV)
- Website: https: //www.bmuv.de/…
São Paulo School of Advanced Science on Nanotechnology, Agriculture & Environment (SPSAS NanoAgri&Enviro, São Paulo)
- From July 3 to 15, 2023 in São Paulo
- Organizer: FABESP
- Application from November 18 to February 05. Registration fees and travel expenses are covered.
- Speakers: see the complete program here.